A little while ago, Terry over at 8 Kids and a Business nominated me for a few blog awards, my first. Being the space-cadet that I am, I completely forgot to nominate some people of my own until Cristina at Filling My Prayer Closet, also nominated me for some blog awards. Thank you, Ladies! I greatly enjoy your blogs. It is humbling to know that God uses my writing to reach others.
I would also like to nominate a few bloggers for these awards. These bloggers are both edifying and inspirational. Some of them are people I am friends with personally, and others are people I only “know” through the Internets. Thank you for making the Internet a more uplifting place to visit.
Here are the rules for the three awards (so you know what to expect and should you be nominated, know how to handle your excitement:
Use the award logo in the post.
Link to whoever nominated you.
Write 10 pieces of information about yourself.
Nominate fellow bloggers who meet the indicated criteria.
Leave a comment on the nominees’ blogs to tell them of the award.
Without further ado, here are some of my favorite blogs that I nominate for these auspicious awards. Try to hold your acceptance speech to 30 seconds. Your cooperation is much appreciated.
And here are a few blogs that I just enjoy reading that you might like too:
I am supposed to share 10 pieces of information about myself. Hmmmm.
1. I am a U.S. Navy Veteran. I spent 6 years serving as a Russian Linguist, including a stint in the UK.
2. My favorite color is purple, because it’s purple.
3. I wrote my first book in the 4th grade called Ferdy in Pizzaland. It was about my pet ferret that had died. She loved to eat pizza and ice cream.
4. If I could be anywhere in the world it would be in front of a Tabernacle or the exposed Blessed Sacrament. I have a 2 year old, so that is difficult these days.
5. I met my husband on CatholicMatch.com in 2009.
6. I have met Wonder Woman, Lynda Carter, and Gary Sinise (a great supporter of our military).
7. If you ask my friends, they would say I have lived everywhere, because I usually have a story or recommendations for places they travel. I have lived a lot of places.
8. My favorite spot in the U.S. is on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington DC at sunset.
9. I am a native Montanan who has made my home in Southwest Virginia. I don’t miss the winters!!!!
10. My favorite flower is the tulip.