Hello all! I am doing a bit of preliminary research on the topic of friendship in the digital age. I’d love to get some feedback from my readers on the topic. If you have a few moments, please answer the following questions either in the comment section or through the contact form under CONTACT on the top of the page. Thank you so much for taking the time to answer the questions!
1. How do you think friendship has changed in the digital age?
2. Are your friendships more or less fulfilling?
3. Are you lonelier even with instant communication capabilities?
4. Do you see many of your social media friends in person? If so, how often?
5. Do you have close relationships with people physically present to you?
6. Have you experienced spiritual friendship with others? Friendships that either helps/helped you grow in holiness directly or that seem to have mystical elements to them.
7. Overall do you think social media and other online communications have helped, hindered, or not impacted the nature of friendship/relationships?
8. Do you think there is a loneliness epidemic in our culture? Briefly explain your answer.
9. How do you define or understand friendship? What’s expected of an authentic friendship?